ARAMARK Custodial Manager (2nd shift) in Montville, New Jersey
The Custodial Manager will lead custodial operations and supervise, train and direct the custodial associates. Reports to and support the Custodial Manager Senior or Facility Director in achieving objectives and client expectations.
• Coordinates custodial and housekeeping operations
• Maintains communication with and responds to the requests of department managers and directors, and other client partners
• Tours and inspects the facility to ensure total quality management requirements in custodial and housekeeping operations
• Reviews job orders and specifications to understand the material and labor required to complete the project and coordinates the activities of custodial employees to efficiently utilize staff, materials and equipment
• Maintains compliance with Aramark’s and client’s standards of operation, Aramark’s Business Conduct Policy, and all federal, state and local regulations. Maintains all records and reports as required by regulations and codes
• Understands departmental expenses such as supply need and labor costs to maintain budget conditions
At Aramark, developing new skills and doing what it takes to get the job done make a positive impact for our employees and for our customers. In order to meet our commitments, job duties may change or new ones may be assigned without formal notice.
• Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in custodial operations
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Must read, write and understand the native language, communicate (both verbal and written) effectively, and apply discretion and comprehensive understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
• Requires knowledge of machinery related to custodial operations
• Requires listening, interpersonal, computer and leadership skills
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics and apply elementary math functions
• Ability to work well under time constraints
• Must maintain friendly, efficient, positive customer service demeanor toward customers, clients and co-workers
• Is adaptable to customer needs
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook , Instagram and Twitter .
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Aramark will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance ordinance.